“No Tortoise Left Behind”
Dogs and cats aren’t the only animals being rescued from the flooding in Texas and we’re glad to hear it! This Sulcata tortoise may not be excited about being on a boat, but he sure is lucky he’s out of the water.
“This tortoise was rescued Wednesday on a tugboat by Aaron Jayjack during historic flooding in the city. He looks a bit discombobulated … albeit safely aboard and secure.” – (Via TMZ)
Aaron Jayjack, you will always hold a place of honor with the #turtpocalypse.
We hope all of our Texas shell friends, and all friends and family, are safe and sound. We are sending all the good energy your way.
If you have anything to spare here are some ways to help Texas:
- The Texas Wildlife and Rehabilitation Center (working to care for wildlife as well as pets – The impact of the storm on local wildlife will be HUGE and long term. They need your help! )
- SPCA of Texas
- Friends for Life (no-kill animal shelter)
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund (established by Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner and Harris County Judge Ed Emmett)
- Texas Children’s Hospital is running low on supplies
- Houston Food Bank
- Covenant House
- Casa Juan Diego
- The Montrose Center LGBTQ Relief Fund
Just to name a few… Please feel free to add to this list!