Sea Turtles Need Our Help!
7 species of sea turtles are listed on the IUCN list (aka Red List of Endangered Species):
- 1. Loggerhead (Caretta caretta): Endangered
- 2. Green turtle (Chelonia mydas: Endangered
- 3. Leatherback (Dermochelys coriacea): Critically Endangered
- 4. Hawksbill (Eretmochelys imbricata): Critically Endangered
- 5. Kemp’s ridley (Lepidochelys kempii): Critically Endangered
- 6. Olive ridley (Lepidochelys olivacea): Vulnerable
- 7. Flatback (Natator depressus): Data Deficient )
We are lucky to have incredible conservation and rehabilitation organizations working hard to save as many turtles and nests as possible.
Some ways to help!
- Tell Fish and Wildlife Services to PROTECT SEA TURTLES! This one ENDS TOMORROW! SIGN NOW!
- Stop the Legal Harvesting of Endangered Sea Turtles in Grenada
- The Sea Turtle Conservancy has compiled a good things you can do to help. Check it out! (if you’re having a sea turtle house party don’t forget to invite Zoya and me!)
- Support legislation to create safe beaches for turtle nesting
- Don’t forget that the greatest impact you can make is likely through locating and contacting the many rescues, research facilities and policy organizations that work to save these animals.