So 2014 will bring some new codes for medical professionals to label injuries/ incidents experienced by their patients. This new coding, ICD-10, brings a huge increase in number and detail of codes the current system provides. Along with the above pictured “struck by turtle” are the following :
- Hurt at the opera: Y92253
- Stabbed while crocheting: Y93D1
- Walked into a lamppost: W2202XA
- Walked into a lamppost, subsequent encounter: W2202XD
- Submersion due to falling or jumping from crushed water skis: V9037XA
Doctors and other medical professionals aren’t too pleased by this and wrote a letter to the centers for medicare and medicaid services in protest, stating it would cause undue paperwork and take attention away from treatment/cause funding issues.
While I can see that point, personally I’ll be writing a letter to the centers for medicare and medicaid services myself demanding a fully incluse list should they stick with this new system.
My suggestions include:
- Offended a turtle or tortoise in public/Private leading to severe tortie/ turtle side eye
- Fainting and or heart palpitations due to unexpected exposure to tortoises or turtles yawning
- Fainting and or heart palpitations due to exposure to turtle/tortoise butts
- Panic attack like symptoms in response to lack of turtle or tortoises in major public events: including but not limited to televised awards shows, blogs, television series, public cultural events, or political speeches, debates and ad campaigns.
- Exposure to or fear of impending #turtpocalypse
- emotional and/or physical distress after speaking ill of turtles and tortoises on tumblr, twitter, buzzfeed, facebook, or any other social media (due to impending #turtpocalypse)
More over I believe these are far too human centric –
For example, I believe Zoya attempted to seek help herself recently and I’m guessing there are no codes for her
- over exposure to humom’s iphone camera
and the more serious
- forced over exposure to Justin bieber singing birthday card (thats a post later this week)
I’m just saying. Its something to think about America. Something to think about.