OUCH! A large African tortoise, named Freddie, nearly died after he dined on a salad of wood screws, staples, shards of glass, stones and a hunk of calk. Those crazy tortoises.But a Glendale animal hospital, The Animal Emergency Center (which calls itself “one of the nation’s first 24-hour emergency and critical care veterinary hospitals”), surgically removed the foreign objects from Freddie’s belly and even gave him a blood transfusion to keep him alive.

Freddie will be featured on a new show on the National Geographic Channel focused on, believe it or not, unusual items gobbled down by pets.

Text and Photo via http://www.milwaukeenewsbuzz.com/?p=344487

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *